8am – 5pm Daily - 40 Hours Total
This school is a nationally recognized Handgun/Shotgun Instructor school. Students are taught classroom instructional methods, how to effectively teach firearm operator skills, and how to develop dynamic and practical range training relevant to their agency's needs. Staff Instructors are trained through National and State Agencies. Certification given at the end of this course meets the requirements and certification that is accepted by the U.S. Federal Law Enforcement, and the U.S. Military. Training Partners are the Seagoville Police Department Texas (For TCOLE), Texas Sheriff’s Office, MO (POST) and The Cherokee Nation Police Department of Tejas (For NAP/BIA Police).
The Handgun/Shotgun Instructor Certification course is a 40-hour course that provides instruction and practical exercises focused on the specific needs of the Handgun/Shotgun Instructor to train the student operator. The course includes instruction on the use and application to train students of the patrol rifle as it pertains to Military, Law Enforcement and Security details.
Student instructors will have hands-on experience training other student instructors with the handgun/shotgun.
The class will include teaching the student instructors the E.D.G.E method of instruction (Educating a student with essential information, Demonstrating the skill to a student, Guiding the student through the skill, and Enabling a student to perform the skill on his/her own in a safe but effective manner). Skills include but will not be limited to, the following topics: nomenclature, loading, unloading, principles of marksmanship, reloading drills, care and cleaning, low light firing, transition drills, use of cover, close quarter battle, moving/multiple targets, firing on the move, malfunction/stoppage drills, and qualification course of fire. This course is designed for Law Enforcement, Private Security Details and/or Active Duty Military Personnel. Drills on the range enforce skills in the areas of coaching, accurate shot placement, multiple threats, decision-making, shooting while moving, identifying threats and firing in reduced light, tactical use of cover, malfunction clearing, firing from unconventional positions, transitioning from rifle to pistol, and use of verbal commands.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES FOR STUDENTS:
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
* Demonstrate and instruct the level of competency in the safe handling and use of the handgun and shotgun.
* Understand the current laws and liability issues involving the usage of the handgun and shotgun.
* Demonstrate and instruct accurately the nomenclature and cycle of operation of the handgun and shotgun.
* Demonstrate and instruct the correct methods of maintenance for the handgun and shotgun.
* Demonstrate proper application of shooting fundamentals with the handgun and shotgun.
* Demonstrate and instruct the ability to accurately identify and engage single, multiple and moving targets.
* Demonstrate proficiency by successfully completing and instructing position and movement exercises.
CLASSROOM - Subjects will include, but not be limited to:
* Handgun / Shotgun Marksmanship Fundamentals
* Handgun / Shotgun Handling
* Ammunition and Equipment
* Cover, and Concealment
* Threat Identification
* Off Duty Safety & Concealed Carry
* Reduced Light Training
* Mind set
RANGE - Subjects will include, but not be limited to:
* Multiple Firing Positions
* Multiple Firing Stances
* Slinging / Unslinging
* Immediate Action Drills
* Speed Reloading & Tactical Reloading
* Trigger Control
* Handgun Transitioning
* Shooting & Moving
* Using Cover
* Using Artificial Light with the Weapon
* Incapacitation Drills
* Body Armor Drills
* Target Transition / Multiple Threat
Student Equipment Requirements
1. Handgun Pistol and Revolver - A law enforcement duty-type *(Revolver needed if revolvers are still being used by your department).
2. Duty Shotgun - 12 gauge pump or semi-auto police shotgun equipped with a sling.
3. Ammo - 400 rounds of duty or training handgun ammunition, 30 rounds of duty or training 12 gauge slugs. 20 rounds of duty or training 12 gauge 00 buckshot. And 50 rounds of birdshot (#6, #8 or #9).
4. Magazines or Speedloaders - If using a semi-automatic, bring a minimum of 3 magazines. If using a revolver, bring a minimum of 2 speed loaders.
5. Holster, Belt, Magazine/Speedloader Pouches - The holster must be duty-type (patrol), strong-side directional draw, equipped with a handgun retention device and securely fastened to the gun belt.
6. Eye and Ear Protection, Cap - Student must wear "wraparound" or "side panel" safety glasses. Prescription glasses may be used if shatterproof and equipped with side shields. Ear plugs or ear muffs (preferred) and a cap with a bill to deflect ejected brass must also be worn.
7. Knee and Elbow Pads - Knee and elbow pads are optional for kneeling and prone position shooting.
8. Appropriate Clothing - Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the range exercises consistent with prevailing weather conditions. Range exercises will be conducted in inclement weather unless a safety hazard exists.
9. Duty Flashlight - Law enforcement hand-held duty flashlight capable of one-hand operation.
10. Notebook and Marker - A small pocket spiral notebook, pen or pencil, and a jumbo permanent marker.
11. Cleaning Equipment - Bring cleaning equipment for your firearms.
Physical Skills - Student must be physically capable of quickly and safely assuming standing, kneeling and prone positions, maintaining them for a period of time, and recovering without assistance.
Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your course more than seven days prior to the start date, you will be refunded your tuition in full. If you cancel your course Seven days or less prior to the start date, you will lose your tuition.
If the class is rescheduled by the school you may receive a full refund when notified or choose to attend the new training date.
There is a minimum of 4 students needed for this class to begin. You will be notified if the class has been rescheduled due to a non-sufficient amount of attendees
The school also offers a variety of firearms and equipment to fit your training needs. Brands such as Smith & Wesson M&P, Remington Special Weapons Systems, Sig Sauer, Springfield Armory, Glock, Walther, ATN, Leupold, Federal, Winchester, Black Hawk, Harris, Mil-Dot Master, Kestrel, Maxpedition, TAB, Pelican, Butler Creek, Peltor, Kbar, SOG, Otis, and many more. Armorer Services Available